Monday, March 5, 2012

I do... do you?


It's March... officially the time of year when wedding fever strikes and all those summer brides start to think about cake. Mmmm... cake... or, in this case, cupcakes! When I was planning my wedding it was a whole lot of hurry up and slow down. I seem to remember spring as a "hurry up" time. The final push to get everything booked before the other August brides! Must.Be.First. It's a battlefield out there...

To honour the fifth, and craziest season of all {wedding season} I share with you Unity and Sean's delectable display of red deliciousness! I have to say that I {heart} a red velvet cupcake for many reasons. First of all, taste. Easy. Second of all, beauty. They just look pretty all lined up against a white cupcake stand! Unity and Sean`s wedding colours were red and silver so there really was no other option ;)



The cupcakes were topped with buttercream icing swirled to look like a rose. Very pretty and elegant. It is a little hard to tell in the picture but I also sprayed the cupakes with pearl Colour Mist to give them a little shimmer. I forsee myself using A LOT of this stuff in the future... better invest in some stock!


And lastly, the cutting cake to complete the look. I also swirled icing on the sides to look like roses. I first saw this technique HERE and really liked the way it looked. Smaller roses on the side would have also been pretty. Next time! 


Congrats Unity and Sean! I really enjoyed working with you {and Mom too!}.

Cue the sigh of relief that only comes after the wedding day is over....

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...