Monday, February 20, 2012

Baby Blocks


This cake was made for a baby shower put on by my friend Amiee of Devoted to Decorating. Aimee is fabulous... I cannot gush about her enough! I got a glimpse of the baby shower set up when delivering the cake and everything looked great!!

I really love the challenge of a stacked cake. Hours {and I mean hours} of thought, planning and preparation happen before the first layer is even in the oven. And, even the best laid plans generally have me thinking on my toes in the eleventh hour! I think all cake decorators must like the thrill and pressure of getting that cake to its destination safely and in one piece!!


Cute little baby monkey!



The blocks were three different flavours... a great idea for stacked cakes to appeal to all guests! They were red velvet with cream cheese icing, chocolate chip with buttercream icing and vanilla with lemon icing.

Thanks again to Aimee for leting me be a part of your event!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...