Monday, April 4, 2011

wedded bliss


I was recently contacted by Dorota, a friend of mine from University, who needed cupcakes for a bridal shower. Her friend, Chelsea, is getting married this summer to Chris and the theme of their wedding is C-squared... SO cute! Their wedding colours are chocolate brown and Birks' blue...beautiful! We decided that brown and blue monogram wafers on top of chocolate buttercream icing would look great and taste absolutely decadent. I think they turned out amazing! I am a huge fan of monogrammed cupcakes...they look really sharp and I love the way they look stacked on a cupcake stand :)






Dorota also asked me to make bride sugar cookies as take-home gifts for the bridal shower guests. The cookies were decorated with a blue flower and brown ribbon to match the wedding colours. This was my first attempt at fancy sugar cookies and I was really very excited with how they turned out. What a great idea for a bridal shower, baby shower, birthday party or any event where a small token of appreciation for your guests is needed. Who doesn't love a delicious sugar cookie?!?!





The cookies were packaged in clear bags and finished with brown, stamped "thank you" tags and a Birks' blue ribbon...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...