Sunday, December 19, 2010

baby, it's cold outside


One week 'till Christmas and the parties are in full swing. Last night Gerardo and I went to Cori and Stephen's for a little Christmas cheer. Of course I put myself on cupcake duty! They are awesome friends and Cori certainly outdid herself on the domestic front!

As much as I love all things red and green I am all about the winter theme this year. Everything blue, white, icy and shimmering. The inspiration for these cupcakes came from a picture I saw on the Martha Stewart website. Of course I can't find the picture there anymore but it was a cake covered in pretty little snowflakes. The cupcakes are vanilla with almond buttercream icing, the snowflakes made from white chocolate with edible silver balls. I think they're pretty cute!



And who doesn't love mini cupcakes?! I made these bite size treats as an early Christmas gift for a friend with a sweet tooth! They are also vanilla with almond buttercream icing and topped off with blue sugar.

Delicious! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...